Home / Information


Are Use and Occupancy Permits required for re-sales?
Yes, Use and Occupancy Permits are required for all re-sales and for changes in tenants for non-residential uses.

Are landlords required to register tenants?
Yes. A Tenant Identification Form must be completed yearly.

Can park facilities be reserved?
Willlard H. Markey Centennial Park pavilion and several athletic fields throughout the township can be reserved. A completed application, a fee, and security deposit are required. An application and the fee schedule are available at the Municipal Building.

How do I get a dead animal in the road cleared?
If the deer is located on a Township road contact South East Region PA Fish and Game Commission at 610-926-3136 or 610-926-3137.  If the deer is located on a State road Fish and Game recommendation is to call PennDOT at 215-345-6060.

What are the regulations for house numbers?
House numbers must be at least four to six inches in height and visible from the street.

Is open burning allowed?
To meet DEP guidelines, no open burning is allowed. Violations can be reported to Township personnel during regular hours or the police department after hours.

How many horses can I keep on my property?
You may keep up to 2 horses on 3 to 10 acres of land. For more than 10 acres, you can have 1 horse per additional acre.

What do I need a permit for?
Check with the Building & Zoning Department before you make alterations to your home or business. You will need a permit for:

  • New buildings and additions
  • Interior alterations
  • Structural repair or replacement
  • Swimming pool, spa, or hot tub over 24 inches in depth
  • Fence
  • Fireplace or Wood Burning Stove
  • Heating, air conditioning replacement, plumbing alterations, electrical work or new installation
  • Shed, greenhouse
  • Sign
  • Wood deck, patio, porch
  • Roof replacement
  • Alternative Energy
  • Changes in use, home occupations, change in commercial tenants
  • Work in a right-of-way including driveways

What are the regulations for political signs?
Political signs posted on private property must be done so with the permission of the property owner, but cannot be placed more than 30 days prior to an election. Signs cannot create a site visibility problem for drivers and are limited to 16 square feet. Signs are prohibited on public property and within a right-of-way and will be removed.  All signs must be removed within 20 days after the election.

What are the regulations for yard sales?
Yard sales are limited to 3 days duration, 4 times per year and must be at least 30 days apart. Signs can be posted two days prior to the first day of sale and must be removed the last day of sale. No more than three off-site signs permitted and they must have property owner’s approval.

How do I recycle?
Your private trash hauler is required to provide curbside recycling; please contact them for details. Read more about recycling in East Rockhill Township.

How do I dispose of my Christmas Tree?
Contact your private trash hauler.

Does the Township provide Leaf Collection Services?
Leaves are picked up starting the end of October by section. Place leaves into neat piles along property road frontage. Dates are posted on the website and in Township newsletters.

How do I dispose of my Yard Waste?
The Township collects yard waste in May or there is a dumpster behind the Township office for East Rockhill residential use only.

Who do I contact if there is a street light out?
Please make note of the pole number and contact PP&L Electric Utilities at 1-800-342-5775.

Who is responsible for driveway pipes?
Residents are responsible for clearing, maintaining and replacing their driveway pipes. New pipe installation requires a driveway permit.

Who do I call for trash collection?
A private trash hauler of your choosing. Here are a FEW of the haulers provided as a courtesy and are not endorsed by the Township:

Republic Services

Waste Management

White Tail

Where do I vote?
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Christ Community Bible Church
1830 Ridge Road
Perkasie, PA

Who can answer voting questions?
Call the Bucks County Board of Elections at 215-348-6154.

How can I find out more about mosquitoes and West Nile Virus?
Visit the Bucks County Department of Health, or call 215-340-8449.

Does the Township spray for Gypsy Moth Caterpillars?
The Township does not spray for Gypsy Moths. For information call the Bucks County Conservation District at 215-345-7577x104 or visit the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Web site.